Superior Court of California, County of Solano

Superior Court of California, County of Solano

Fairfield Branch | Vallejo Branch


The Traffic Division handles adult (18 years old and over) traffic violations and minor offenses (infractions only). Other violations also filed in Traffic Division include: Fish & Game, local city and county ordinances, boating, and dog/animal citations. Parking citations are not handled by the Court. Contact the citing agency. Juvenile citations are processed through the Probation Department at (707) 784-7631. Drunk driving violations are handled through the Criminal Division.

Credit card payments are accepted by calling or clicking the branch link: 

Fairfield Branch Call 1-800-496-4085
Vallejo Branch   Call 1-800-687-2069


Credit cards accepted; Discover, Mastercard, Visa, American Express
There is a convenience fee for using this service

Locations, Hours and Phone Numbers

Fairfield Branch Vallejo Branch

Appearance Location: 

Hall of Justice 
600 Union Avenue
Fairfield, CA 94533


Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 2463
Fairfield, CA 94533


Phone Number:

(707) 207-7360

Appearance Location:

Solano Justice Center
321 Tuolumne Street
Vallejo, CA 94590


Mailing Address:

321 Tuolumne Street
Vallejo, CA 94590


Phone Number:

(707) 561-7860


Office Hours:

8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays

Phone Hours:

8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays

Back to Top

Courtesy Notices

If you are cited for a traffic violation, the court will mail you a "courtesy" notice at the address listed on the citation. You should receive this notice approximately three to four weeks after you received the citation. There are payment options to help avoid the inconvenience and time associated with coming to the courthouse. There may be an additional fee required for extended payment options. If you do not receive your courtesy notice or do not understand your options, you may come in person to the courthouse or inquire by mail prior to your appearance date. If your appearance in court is required, your courtesy notice will indicate "Yes" next to the words "Mandatory Appearance".

Most questions will be answered with information provided by a courtesy notice. Please allow approximately three to four weeks from the date you received your citation for the court to process your citation and mail a courtesy notice. You are still required to respond to your citation whether or not you receive a courtesy notice.

Do not disregard your citation if you do not receive your courtesy notice in the mail. You must appear at the courthouse or settle your case by mail by the appearance date, whether or not you receive the courtesy notice.

Back to Top

Court Appearance Information

You must contact the Traffic Division for a court appointment before the appearance date on your citation, or appear. If your appearance in court is required, your courtesy notice will indicate "Yes" next to the words "Mandatory Appearance".

You may appear as a walk-in on the appearance date on your citation.  When appearing as a walk-in you must first check in at the Traffic Division Counter.  Check in times to walk-in are:  8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday in Vallejo; 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Wednesday in Fairfield.  Contacting the court on or before your appearance date is recommended if interested in scheduling a court appointment.  Walk ins may require more time as they are heard at the end of the appointment calendar.

If your case is delinquent, contact the appropriate court to determine court appearance eligibility, or call 1-800-333-8395 if your case is 60 days or more past due.

Appropriate business attire is required to appear in court. You may need to allow adequate time for parking and to check through the security entrance.

Back to Top

Traffic School Information

If you elect to attend traffic school you must post the total bail amount plus a State-mandated fee of $52.00 before your appearance date or extended due date.  If you do not timely elect to attend traffic school, you will be unable to request traffic school at a later date.  Traffic school election can be done only by mail or in person.  A 90-day Traffic School installment payment plan is also available, but you must contact the court and enter into an approved plan prior to your appearance date or extended due date.

If there are any correctable violations on your citation, these corrections must be received along with any fees before permission to attend Traffic School will be granted. 

It will be your responsibility to:

  1. Elect to attend Traffic School and post Traffic School Bail on or before your appearance date or extended due date.  Traffic School elections made untimely or without payment of full Traffic School Bail or an approved Traffic School installment payment plan will not be accepted by the Court.
  2. Select a school and enroll.  The traffic school will charge you a separate enrollment fee.  If you were charged with multiple violations, contact the court for the amount due. 
  3. Complete a DMV-approved traffic school within 90 days.  Upon completion, your violation will be reported to DMV as a confidential conviction. 

The Court will be able to retrieve an electronic completion certificate from the School/DMV five (5) business days after you have successfully completed Traffic School.

Failure to complete Traffic School or pay a Traffic School installment plan as ordered will result in the Court converting the fee to bail and declaring it forfeited and reporting the forfeiture as a conviction to DMV.  Further, you may be charged with a Failure to Pay Fine (VC 40508b), imposed a civil assessment of up to $300.00, referred to a collection agency, and/or a notice forwarded to DMV to place a hold on your driver's license.

The requirements for traffic school eligibility are as follows:

  • You must have a valid driver's license.
  • You have not attended or elected to attend traffic school in the past 18 months.**
  • You have no outstanding Failure to Appear or Failure to Pay.
  • The citation involves a moving infraction and does not involve any drug or alcohol violations.
  • You were not speeding more than 25 mph over the posted limit.
Please note: Commercial Drivers are not eligible for Traffic School if cited while driving a commercial vehicle.   For moving violations occurring on or after January 1, 2013, holders of commercial driver licenses cited while operating a vehicle that requires only a Class C or Class M license (such as a personal/non-commercial vehicle) may be eligible to attend traffic school.  DMV will not mask the conviction from view on a person's driving record; however, no points will be assessed.

NOTICE:  If you are eligible and decide not to attend traffic school, your automobile insurance and driving record may be adversely affected.  One conviction in any 18-month period will be held confidential and not show on your driving record if you complete traffic school.  If you complete traffic school when legally ineligible for a confidential conviction, DMV will remove confidentiality of the conviction from your driving record and the conviction and violation point will appear on your driving record at the DMV.

**The 18-month eligibility period for a confidential conviction after completion of traffic school is determined from violation date to violation date.

For additional traffic school eligibility information, refer to California Rules of Court, Rule 4.104.

You can attend any DMV-approved traffic school. To locate a DMV-approved traffic school, use the on-line locator service operated by DMV at: If you do not have access to the Internet, you may call the Department of Motor Vehicles, Business Licensing Unit at (916)229-3126 and request a list of traffic violator schools be sent to you via mail or FAX.  You may also use the link provided below to go to DMV's website.

Click here for DMV's approved Traffic Violator Schools offering Internet, Home Study and classroom programs. 

Back to Top

How to Plead Not Guilty

  • You can plead not guilty by appearing in court and requesting a court trial to be held at a later date where the officer will be present.  This option does not require you to post bail in advance.
  • You may also plead not guilty to an infraction, at the counter in our business office by signing a form and posting bail during normal business hours.
  • You may also request a Trial by Declaration. The form(s) you need may be downloaded from our website (in Adobe Acrobat format), or you may call or write one of the traffic locations for the forms.  NOTE:  If you're eligible for Traffic School and wish to attend traffic school if found guilty by trial by declaration, you must make an election for traffic school at the time you request a trial by declaration. You must also add the State-mandated fee of $52 to your bail.  If found not-guilty by trial by declaration, the $52 fee will be refunded.
  • TR200: Instructions for Defendant: Traffic Infraction
  • TR205: Request for Trial by Written Declaration
Back to Top

Fine or Bail Payment Information

The bail on a citation is the amount of money required to guarantee your appearance. Your courtesy notice will show the amount required. If you choose to forfeit the bail on the citation, the violation is deemed paid; and the resulting conviction will be placed upon your driving record.

Your courtesy notice will indicate the amount due or if your appearance in court is mandatory. If you wish to pay the bail, you may do so by mailing a check or money order payable to "Superior Court" along with your courtesy notice to the court address on the notice before your appearance date. Each location also provides a Drop Box to allow you to pay by depositing your check or money order with the courtesy notice. Do not deposit cash in the Drop Box. If you wish to pay in person, you may do so in our business office during normal business hours.

Credit card payment is accepted by calling or by clicking on the links below:
Fairfield Branch - 1-800-496-4085
Vallejo Branch - 1-800-687-2069


You will need to know your docket number in order to use this service. Official Payments Corporation, the service provider, charges a nominal fee for this service. Please allow approximately three to four weeks for the court to process your citation and mail a courtesy notice.

For information regarding the breakdown of your bail/fine, click here.

If you have already appeared in court and have been given time to pay the fine imposed by the judge, you may mail a check or money order along with your docket number to the court by the due date. You may also use the drop boxes inside the courthouse or pay in person as previously mentioned.

If your case is more than 60 days delinquent, it is possible it may have been referred to our collection agency. For payment information you may contact them: GC Services, 1-800-333-8395 or via the Internet at:

If you have good cause to excuse your failure to pay/appear, please click here for a Declaration form.

Back to Top

Bail Schedules

Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedules

Back to Top

Failure to Appear or Pay

If you fail to appear or pay your citation on or before the scheduled date, you may be assessed an additional civil assessment fee in the amount of $300, your case referred to a collections agency, or a warrant may be issued for your arrest. Your license may also be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Back to Top

Correctable Violations

Bail may be reduced upon receipt of proof of valid correction on many equipment, registration, and license violations. Proof of correction must be verified and signed of by a law enforcement officer on the back of the citation. An exception to this rule: if cited for no proof of insurance, a law enforcement officer cannot sign off the back of the citation. Proof of insurance (valid at the time the citation was issued) must be presented to the court. The effective and expiration dates must be indicated. There will be a $25.00 transaction fee, per correction, due to the court when proof of correction is submitted.

Back to Top

Legal Advice and Information

Clerks cannot give legal advice or answer legal questions. If you plan to proceed with your case without an attorney, the Court Law Library has the reference material to assist you. The library is located on the 3rd floor of the Hall of Justice building, 600 Union Avenue, Fairfield.

Back to Top

Driving Under the Influence

Please refer to our Criminal Division web page.

Back to Top

Driver's License Suspension

If your driver's license has been suspended for failure to appear, you may appear or pay the bail due and a release of your suspension will be issued. If you wish an immediate release up upon appearance, or payment in full, the court will update the DMV files electronically. There may be a $7.00 fee for this, subject to change.

Back to Top

Juvenile Traffic Citations

The Solano County Probation Department administers the Juvenile Traffic Court program. For information related to Juvenile Traffic Division and Juvenile Traffic Court, contact:

Solano County Probation Department
475 Union Avenue
Fairfield, CA 94533
(707) 784-7631

Back to Top

Parking Citations

All parking citations are handled by each individual city. You must contact the agency that issued the citation.

Refer to the instructions on the reverse side of your citation for information regarding payment, failure to respond and appeals.

Back to Top

Filing Fees

Copies $.50 per page/per side
Certified Copies $25.00 per document
Back to Top

Additional Fees

 Proof of Correction Fee  $25.00 per correction
 Infraction Conviction Assessment  $35.00 per convicted violation
 Court Operations Assessment  $40.00 per convicted violation
 Traffic School Administrative Fee  $52.00

Back to Top

Traffic Forms

TR200: Instructions for Defendant - Traffic Infraction

TR205: Request for Trial by Written Declaration

GC Declaration re: Good Cause to Excuse Your Failure to Pay or Appear

Court Declaration (for various uses)

Request for Audiotape

For other traffic forms click here and choose "Traffic Infractions" from the drop down menu.

* This file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free by clicking on the icon below.adobe reader

Back to Top
© 2009 Superior Court of California, County of Solano | Site Map